TBMA2 Biconical Antenna
The TBMA2 is a biconical measurement antenna for EMC radiated emission testing and generating defined field strength. With its affordable price it is an excellent choice for any lab carrying out in house pre-compliance testing.
It is characterized from 30 MHz to 300 MHz and has a directional pattern similar to a dipole antenna.
The TBMA2 comes with a POM bracket with a ¼ ” thread insert for mounting the antenna on standard tripods.
The TBMA2 radiating elements are made of stainless steel parts to avoid the disadvantages of contact degeneration over time, which are associated with non-welded designs using aluminum. The radiating elements are not welded but fastened with grub screws, which makes assembly / disassembly simple and makes the antenna easily storable and transportable.
The antenna elements are fed via a 1:4 balun with 100 W power handling capability.
- Type: passive biconical
- Frequency range: 30 MHz– 300 MHz
- Nominal impedance: 50 Ω
- Balun: 1:4
- Maximum continuous input RF power: 100 W
- Connector: N type female
- Isotropic Gain: -12.51 to 0.55, see Figure 2 and Table 1
- Antenna Factor: 10.8 to 26.3, see Figure 3 and Table 1
- Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR): 1.05 to 38.05, see Figure 4 and Figure 5
- Test standards: FCC, CISPR, SAE, RTCA-DO-160, Mil STD-461, etc.
- Length: 138.7 cm (54.6 “) tip
- Diameter: 54.2 cm (21.3 “)
- Depth: 80.3 cm (31.6 “) including balun
- Weight of one radiating element: 1.28 kg (2.82 lbs)
- Weight of holder/balun: 0.96 kg (2.12 lbs)